- Fitting data from Matlab's function histogram (introduced in R2014b) now works (thanks Jeremiah Valenzuela)
- Fitting brushed data with R2016b now works (thanks Jan Kapen)
- Fitting data selected with the "Brushing tool" of Matlab now works correctly with Matlab >R2014b
- New definition of the correlation coefficient R,
- Warning about 'cubic' interpolation removed (interpolation is now performed
using 'pchip' method instead of 'cubic')
- Warning removed for obsolete function nargchk in Matlab R2016a (thanks Antoine Hector).
- The Ezyfit menu is compatible with the new Graphics
system of Matlab R2014b (8.4). Thanks to Olaf Bousché!
- efmenu install did not work properly under Windows
draws a line using the pointer, and displays the length and
angle of the segment in the figure.
- showfit now recognizes
correctly if the Y-axis is in lin or log coordinates (thanks Jacopo).
- showfit now conserves the 'hold on / off' state of the figure (thanks
- Equations containing a comma are now correctly recognized.
This allows to make use of functions like myfun(x,t) inside
a fit equation string (thanks Patrick).
- Installation of the Ezyfit menu now works properly under MacOS (thanks James Bagrow).
- The standard location for the startup.m file has changed:
For Windows XP, it was in the matlabroot folder
(e.g. C:\Program Files\MATLAB\). It is now in the
userpath folder (e.g. C:\Users\Frederic\Documents\MATLAB).
efmenu now creates or modifies the
startup.m file in the userpath folder.
This function removes the Ezyfit menu from figure files (.FIG).
This function allows one to use figure files generated from
a Matlab system with the Ezyfit toolbox on another Matlab system
without the Ezyfit toolbox. This fixes the issue of the Ezyfit
menu corrupting a figure file which could not be re-opened on a
Matlab system without Ezyfit installed. Many thanks to
Francis Burton and Nicholas Sinclair, who fixed
the issue in the Matlab Central Newsgroup.
- The equation box is now displayed using the same font and
font size than the figure axes, with a truncation (see the Settings
page to change the tunctation length).
- selecfit is removed from the toolbox. Use showfit
instead, with the "Data Brushing" tool (available for Matlab >= 7.6). See the release notes of V2.30
- selectdata and delselectdata are also removed.
- ezfit and showfit now support the new "Data Brushing" mode
of Matlab >= 7.6 (R2008a). When some data are "brushed" (i.e. when they have been
selected using the "Data brushing" tool), only those data are fitted by
ezfit and showfit. If you use an older version of Matlab
(version <=7.5, R2007b), this feature is not implemented, and all the
curve is selected.
- Using showfit with "Brushed" data is equivalent to
selectfit. However, the combination showfit-"Data Brushing"
is more stable, since it relies on the Matlab's built-in Brush mode.
Since selectfit suffers from a number of bugs associated to the
lasso selection of data, selectfit is not going to be maintained
any more, and is going to be removed in future versions of EzyFit.
- ezfft: Easy to use FFT
- The fit function has been renamed
ezfit, in order to avoid name conflicts with the "Curve Fitting
Toolbox" from MathWorks, Inc. The two toolboxes may now be used simultaneously.
- "Magic initial guesses": When using predefined fits (e.g., showfit exp,
showfit power etc.), or the default fits in the EzyFit menu,
suitable default initial guesses are automatically chosen from the ranges
of data to be fitted. For instance, for a Gaussian fit, the initial guess
for the amplitude is taken as the max of the Y data, instead of 1. This
speeds up the convergence, and helps the solver when the true parameters are
too far from 1. These default values are ignored if other initial guesses
are provided by the user.
- Weighted fits are now accepted for ezfit
(not yet for showfit and selectfit). See the Sample session
for an example.
- The functions drawpolygon and selectdata have been
removed, and replaced with the more stable function selectdata
by John D'Errico (see Submission 13857
on the Matlab Central). As a result, a number of bugs of selectfit are
now fixed (see below). delseldata is now based on the new selectdata,
and keepseldata has been removed.
- New Sample session page in the help browser.
- New predefined fits in the Ezyfit menu (e.g. 'a*x^n+b', 'a*(1-exp(-x/b))'...)
- New item Refresh EzyFit menu in the menu, to update the user-defined fits
of a figure window when they have been changed from another figure window.
- axis0 includes the origin in the axis.
- axisl enlarges the axis of a log plot to include the nearest power of 10.
- loglogpn and semilogypn: logarithmic plots for positive and negative Y data.
- dfig creates a docked figure window.
- New options figure and command for getslope.
- selectfit now works correctly on docked figure windows, or when legends are present.
However still buggy in some situations.
- getslope now works correctly for Matlab >=7.4, and
works correctly when a legend is present.
- showslope now issues an error message when used with docked windows (to be improved). Undock your window first.
- showeqbox issued an error when 2nd parameter was not given.
- Help from the 'Start' button now works correctly for Matlab >= 7.4.
- The shortcut Ctrl-Z (Undo Fit) has been removed, because of a conflict with
Matlab's Undo operation.
Since Matlab 7.4 (R2007a), the behavior of the command doc has changed:
the command doc ezyfit does not display
the Ezyfit toolbox start page in the help browser any more. If you use Matlab >=7.4,
type docezyfit to display the start page.
Type docezyfit function_name or showdemo function_name to display the
html documention of function_name in the help browser. If you use
Matlab 7.3 or before, doc and docezyfit will
produce the same result.
Major upgrade: Fit properties and display settings can now be passed
to showfit and selectfit, such as fit colors, linewidth etc.
properties are defined in fitparam. See the Settings
page for details.
New options in fitparam: 'selectfitloopmode' and 'dispeqmode';
option 'eqdisplaymode' renamed 'eqreplacemode'.
By default, the polygon procedure in selectfit is done once; set
the option selectfitloopmode to 'on' to repeat the procedure until
an empty polygon is drawn (as in the previous versions).
fit now accepts row and column vectors for x and y.
Minor bug fixed: showfit and selectfit now accept a fit structure F
even if the original curve has been deleted.
Minor bug fixed: when fitting histograms, the X points are now taken at the middle
of the bins.
New Frequently Asked Questions section.
Bug fixed: Selectfit now works when a legend box is present.
New options in fitparam: automakevarfit and whichpickdata.
fit, showfit and selectfit now also accept
'!' and '$' instead of ';' to separate the list of options in the string FUN:
this allows to use the syntax showfit power!log instead of showfit('power;log').
Minor bug fixed: showfit and selectfit
now accept a fit structure F even if the original curve has been deleted.
New options in the item 'plotsample' of the Ezyfit menu.
The 'EasyFit' toolbox has been renamed 'EzyFit',
in order to avoid confusion with other products.
No change with EasyFit V2.02.
Minor bugs fixed (the menus disappeared
after a second call to plotsample; polynomial fits with unspecified orders was bugged).
'efmenu install' improved.
Major upgrade: Left-hand side
now accepted for the fitting equation:
specifies that 'k' stands for the X-Data. If not
specified, 'x' is taken by default.
The fitting equation is now case sensitive ('x' and 'X' are different).
New functions evalfit, makevarfit and showresidual.
Bug fixed: Matlab's standard legends are now correctly supported.
Capital greek letters, and greek letters as subscripts, are now correctly
interpreted in the equation boxes.
Major change: free parameter names may now be used
with fit, showfit and selectfit,
e.g., fit('a0+cste/x^n'), instead of fixed parameter names
m1, m2, m3... The parameter names
are automatically recognized.
New fit structure F.
New mat-files for predefined fits and user-defined fits.
New functions loadfit, editcoeff, showeqbox, dispeqfit.
Greek letters (lower case) are interpreted in the equation boxes (latex syntax).
Additional settings in fitparam.
Easyfit menu improved (Edit Fit Coefficients and Swap of the X- and Y- axis).
Better compatibility of the documentation with the Matlab help browser.
Function getfit retired (fit now does what getfit did).
Prehistoric versions of the toolbox