How to join us?
Laboratory FAST is in the Scientific Campus of the University Paris-Sud,
in Orsay, 25 km south of Paris.
Careful: From 22 March 2019, the laboratory is located in the new building Bâtiment Pascal, but the experiments remain until May 2019 in the old bât. 502.
One can go to the FAST by the train
(Réseau Express Régional).
It takes about 40 minutes to come from
the center of Paris (Gare du
Nord, Chatelet, Cité, Luxembourg, Port-Royal,
Denfert-Rochereau, Cité Universitaire stations...)
Choose a train which stops at "Le Guichet" or at "Orsay Ville".
- Preferred: From station "Orsay-Ville": Take bus 7, stop at "De Broglie"
- From station "Le Guichet": Take the bus 9, stop at "Université Paris-Saclay", 5-10 min walking. You can also walk directly from the RER station to the lab: follow Rue de la Colline, and le Chemin du Bois des Rames (steep incline; about 20-25 min walking).
- From station "Massy-Palaiseau": Take the bus 91-06B or 91-06C or 91-10, stop at "Université Paris Saclay", 5-10 min walking.
Coming from Paris, two ways are available:
- By the A10 Motorway (entrance at "Porte
d'Orléans" or "Porte d'Italie", on the
"périphérique"). Follow direction
"Bordeaux", until the exit "Cite Scientifique". Then
follow the "Saclay" direction, and "Orsay / Centre Universitaire" and "Parc-Club".
- Starting from the "Pont de Sèvres" by the "N118"
road, follow the direction "Chartres-Orléans". Take the
exit "Centre Universitaire" (just after the exit "Saclay") and
at the traffic circle, follow the direction "faculté des
Sciences" and "Parc-Club".
From the airport
There are two international airports in the area of Paris:
Orly (south of Paris) and Roissy - Charles de Gaulle (north of
- From the Orly airport (south of Paris), take the OrlyVal train until the Antony station where there
is the RER B (about half an hour).
- From the Roissy - Charles de Gaulle airport (north of Paris), take the RER B, until "Le Guichet" station (about 1:30).